This section contains a number of news articles that address the breast health and in particular breast cancer mortality inequities in the city of Chicago. The list includes a variety of topics and subjects that are relevant to the daily work of the Task Force and Quality Consortium.
This page is currently being updated. Please check back as we update our listings.
1. Feature in Komen Chicago's Monthly E-letter
2. Illinois women hit 'disproportionally hard' by record state budget impasse
3. Women's Group Urges Lawmakers Not to Cut Breast Cancer Screening
4. Avon 39 Chicago Walk to End Breast Cancer raises over $4.1 million
5. Mammography Team Supports Metropolitan Chicago Breast Cancer Task Force Health Fair
6. Governor, Breast Cancer Awareness Advocates Differ On Funding Approach
1. Why Are So Many Black Women Dying of Breast Cancer? (O magazine)
2. Dismantling women's cancer coverage could prove deadly
3. Closing the gap in breast cancer disparities: A report on the Metropolitan Chicago Breast Cancer Task Force
4. Let's Party with a Purpose
5. Disparities in Breast Health
5. Group Rallies for Mammogram Funding
6. More Money for State Mammogram Screening Program