I Need a Mammogram
Uninsured: click here
Insured: click here
You are insured if you have:
• Private insurance through your employer
• Insurance you buy yourself (through the exchange or other)
• Medicaid, Family Care, HFS Medical Card
• Veterans insurance
Questions to Ask to Ensure the Highest Quality Mammography
- Will the mammogram be read by a mammography specialist - also known as a breast imaging specialist?
- If the mammogram is interpreted by a general radiologist rather than a mammography or breast imaging specialist, will it be read a 2nd time by another radiologist as well?
(It helps to have two radiologists independently interpret films if the initial read is by a general radiologist)
- How many mammograms do the radiologists read annually?
(The FDA recommends doctors read at least 480 a year)
- For women younger than 50, is the mammography machine digital?
- How long will it take to receive my mammography results?
- If the results of the mammogram are suspicious, what are my next steps?
- How do I get ready for my mammogram?